Monday, December 28, 2009


This past week I read that John Frusciante (guitarist, third from the right) has left quite possibly my favorite band of all time, THE Red Hot Chili Peppers. This broke my heart. I know all great things must come to an end, but I thought RHCP was exempt from this rule. NOTE: The band is not breaking up entirely, quite the opposite in fact; they are hard at work on a new album. Frusciante has left them before (in 1992 he was overwhelmed with the band's popularity and entered a heroin-addicted solo career). Once he had been rehabilitated, he returned to the band in 1999, and created: Californication, By The Way, and Stadium Arcadium. This is quite possibly the band's best stretch of albums. Either way it is very obvious the increase in music quality when Frusciante is the one melting faces. He is ranked 18th on Rolling Stone's "Best Guitarists of All-Time" list. Anyways, this article led me to listen to some of his solo stuff, one thing led to another and I compiled a few tracks to put on this post (one of which is by Frusciante, and the others being connected even though it is impossibly unobvious):

John Frusciante- Murderers

The Temper Trap- Sweet Disposition
Boards of Canada- Dayvan Cowboy
Telefon Tel Aviv- Farenheit Far Enough
Van She- Don't Fear The Reaper (Remake)

0 comments: