Friday, January 15, 2010

Wale Trends


As I go back and listen to Wale pre-record deal, I realize how much of a disappointment Attention Deficit was/is. Though I admit I like the album, it is nothing like what I imagined his first album would be. I think he must have had too many influences and outside pressure going into AD because it sounds nothing like what is produced when Wale is on his own, going about his shit naturally. Here is a track off his mixtape "Back to the Feature," there is an obvious degree of elevated enthusiasm, swagger, and just it's just better hip hop in my opinion. I used to look to Wale to pump me up. I knew if I put Wale on shuffle at a party, the party would get crazier. Wale used to have that immediate effect no doubt. I wouldn't turn on the majority of tracks off AD at a party. I hope we get to see more of the rapper I thought Wale was, and less of this slowed down, held-back Wale.

Wale- Nightlife f. Tre and Young Chris

0 comments: